Again, frustrated by unrealistic expectation of engineers. Remind myself to trust in God that these challenges work for my own goods. I need not to keep negative thoughts on people. See through it the opportunities. Maintain my emotional responses: honest, calm w.o. giving in to judgement. Guard the love and respect for people that God is trying to build up within me. My mission to survive to the end and watch God’s plan end well. Consult w. God continuously for His guidance, wisdom and eyes to see opportunities.
July 6, a frustrated day by engineers again
Thanksgiving (calm down myself)
- An came home from her soroban class w. smile even she said she made 4 mistakes, teacher scolded her once. I gave her a high touch and let her know that she is growing strong
- It was a tiring day in the beginning. I missed connect group. But I am so grateful that I asked them to pray for our fam-in-law situation. I heard from afar that somehow there were signal of directional change from perspective of family (vs. before was just answering and hoped for the best). I felt so grateful and realized that God has run before me and arranged things for good before I even asked for the prayers. I felt trust from spouse for my truthful reaction yesterday
- it was a tiring day, i was tempted to quit the class visit to An ’s english class. It was a good experience. to experience how the class went on, see how An enjoyed the class and her lovely new teacher. I was amazed about the productivity of the english class. in comparative look with the Vietnamese class that is going on now. but I won’t make short decision now.
- i didn’t see as it is a good thing but it was actually good that I completed the presentation to team, so transferring the offline process I’ve worked on the last 2 months to engineers. It was such a frustrating moment but I am grateful now that I did it and I was honest to my responses.
- I am grateful that I have the courage and confidence (totally based on God) to commit on my plans to delegate analysis tasks to the team. I see that amid of this frustration experience there is opportunity for me to commit and try that.
- I am so grateful that God’s vision has helped me to overcome the hard emotion so quickly (still I was woke up at mid-night, now), updated my linked profile, start putting my mind in preparation for a job change. But I realized after 2 hours up that I still have time and opportunities is with me. I’ll aim for increase experience with weblab testing and drive science hand-on skills in the coming 3 months: proposal, design, develop training data, implementing and release on production.
- my repeating frustration with engineers about their unrealistic expectation and deadline mindset vs. quality
- my productivity as a scientist and feel being waved by unrealistic expectation, plus blocked by engineer continuous bug in the tool
- my career next step, what I expect to achieve and bring along within this team, as a preparation for a step up of next career.
- what is my vision for the next career. what passion God puts within me. do I still fear of leading people, challenge people for changes vs. let my weak and nice attitude to make myself miserable at work.
- I don’t want to change course of relying on myself as I know well it leads to nothing. I want to stay with God’s wisdom’s based strategy, which is survive the situation with calm, attitude and honesty. but let not me be frustrated or waved by meaningless expectation. I also want to learn from my mistakes: don’t ask for their opinions or expectation anymore: work and transfer the process, let them learn by themselves through the existing artifact.
- keep praying in obedience
- I’ll also start to train myself for the next career step-up: plan B, interview widely with internal and external opportunities to gain the clearer understanding of where the next opportunities could be.
Receive: Called to influence
- Battle of the Mind: emotions simply hang around blocking our ability to build and maintain good relationships. If we allow it, our internal chatterbox voice will transmit negative thoughts about self and the people around us
- The good news is that we have Christ in us who combats any scheme that Satan tries to play in our minds. Any time you revisit your past without remembering how God sees and loves you, you subject yourself to the spirit of deception which is why we must guard against having any ‘self-talk’ that differs from God’s truth
- When we learn how to understand and develop our emotional responses we increase our ability to be relational
- コリント人への手紙Ⅱ 10:5 この武器は、神に逆らうあらゆる高慢な議論と、人々の目から神を隠している、あらゆる壁を打ち砕きます。この武器を用いて私は、反抗する者を捕虜として神に連れ戻し、回心させて、キリストに従わせます。
- ヤコブの手紙 1:5 神が何を望んでおられるか知りたいなら、遠慮なく、直接尋ねなさい。神は喜んで教えてくださいます。願い求める人には、神はいつでも惜しみなく、あふれるばかりの知恵を授けてくださるからです。そのことで、決してとがめたりはなさいません
What God’s telling me
- remind myself to trust in God: everything works for the good of those who loves Him and seek His will and vision.
- I need not to keep negative thoughts about myself or people from this challenge situation at work.
- See through it, what opportunities that God is providing. Maintain my emotional responses wisely: Be honest all the time. Be calm to sail through it without giving in to judgement. Guard the love and respect for people that God is trying to build up the vision within me
- after all, it is my mission to survive to the end and let God’s plan end well.